Latest Advice

Vodaphone

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by The Consumer Genie The Consumer Genie 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Anonymous

Over the phone Vodaphone agreed to pay me compensation of £210 directly into my account, but have now put it as a credit on the account – can I demand they pay me directly?

Anonymous

The Consumer Genie will be along shortly, but pro tem… it sounds prima facie that they have done what they said they would – paid it to your account – telephone account, and if you agreed to this as settlement, you may have closed your option for cash settlement. If you are *sure* they were explicit they were going to credit your bank account, you have a case. This my opinion – Consumer Genie will give you a better steer.

Hi Pippa
    If it was specifically agreed that the money would be given to you, rather than as a credit, then they are in breach of contract. You should raise a formal complaint about the breach of contract however, there may be difficulties in taking the matter further if you have not suffered any actual financial loss as a result of that breach.

The above advice is limited to the fact given and does not substitute the taking of formal legal advice

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.